About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Slight Nudge to Get Going...........

Yesterday morning I opened my work email to find a message about risk mitigation fiscal planning and a possible furlough for civilian employees.  In a nutshell, my organization decided to suspend all travel that command leadership does not deem mission essential.  Welp, there goes my annual trip to Hawaii *insert puppy dog eyes and a sad face* There is also a hiring freeze in place and some contractors maybe let go. 

This morning I received an email in reference to a mandatory All Hands call in reference to the budget.  Honestly, I'm not for it!  I don't feel like talking about being furloughed 2 days a pay period starting in April.  I did the math, which would cut $1200 from my income, before taxes, a month.  Like really!?!?!?

I'm not sure if Congress has noticed, but the cost of ere'thang is going up!  Gas, rent, food, movie tickets, etc.  Not to mention the increased payroll tax.  I'm angry!!! I work hard for my money!!!!  I want to be able to have fun and do things. I'm blessed to not have to live check to check, but that might be me if this fiscal cliff business is not solved!

Being the planner that I am, I cannot wait until the furlough to start looking for additional income.  I'm taking this as God nudging me to finish studying for my group fitness certification and register for a 3-day personal trainer certification course in early Feb.  According to a friend, I have a fitness gift and I need to use it. 

Blessed Body Fitness needs to be more than a FB page.....more than a dream.  It needs to become my reality.  But once I pass the exam and actually open up the required accounts to start the business, what do I do? 

Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there....until then it's time to study and pray something happens. 

Just for giggles :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment