About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Is Here......

Happy 2013 readers!!!!  We made it!!! The world did NOT end as predicted.....lol.

This post is so OVERDUE!!! My original goal was to post about 2012 and my goals for 2013, however, my crazy schedule did not allow for that....and I am thankful!!!  No need to post about the past (2012) when I'm focused on my future (2013)....not to mention, I did pretty good with keeping up the blog last year, so I already recorded my successes and failures.

I will say my holiday season was WONDERFUL.  I spent time with those who mean the world to me.  It did my heart great joy to get in quality time with both family and friends.  The hands down best part of the holiday season was having both brothers and my niece/nephew in the same house for the first time in over 6 years!

I brought in 2013 with my two right hands, Pook and Angel, along with my biological father/step-mom at a family bar party.  Earlier in the day I attended a noonday service to receive my spiritual instructions for the year, got in a good workout and then headed out with my loves!!!  It's been a while since I had that much fun and it was worth me going against my "I never want to go out on NYE" stance.

My goals for 2013 are pretty simple...Love God, myself and others.  Each year I want to get stronger in my Christian walk as I try to live the will He created for me.  I know I've made some wrong turns while on the journey, but I am determined to finish.

As far as loving myself, that's been a hard thing for me to do.  I do have some level of love for myself, but I'm talking REAL love...unconditional love...accepting my flaws and working every day to be better.  I can't wait for someone to love me the way I want them too if I fail to love myself that way.  This year I am going to love myself a little harder and protect myself.  I find myself in situations were I end up hurt :-(

Loving others is easy, but there are some people I have been avoiding....family members who have caused me harm, so I stay away from them.  In 2013 I want to forgive them and in the process heal. 

Like others, I want to make healthier decisions, get rid of toxic people, buy a house, and progress in my field.  I also want to start this fitness business :-)

Pastor Jenkins said 2013 was about moving forward with a double portion and that is exactly what I plan on doing!!!!  Happy 2013!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment