About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Bornday to Me

Thirty….Years….Old……Holy cow, I'll be the BIG 3-0 tomorrow.  Yep, it’s my bornday and I'm UBER excited!!!  I love celebrating birthdays, especially mines, because it is the one day just for me.  I know there are millions of other humans with this same birthdate, but I feel this day is ALL MINE!
I didn’t think I would EVER get to this age.  I mean I’ve have several brushes with death, but GOD allowed me to live. Thanks JC!  My first thirty years have not been the greatest, but I’m not complaining.  I’ve had some ups and down, but I’m still here…..still growing....still loving....still laughing....still living.

When I was a pre-teen I had an idea of all the things I wanted to accomplish when I reached thirty.  My plans were to graduate college (undergrad), get a good job making $50k (lol), get married and have some children.  Then when I became a teenager my goals changed a little, everything was the same minus the husband and kids (lol, I didn’t want the drama and after watching a delivery in sex education I decided giving birth was not for me!) 

Fast forward to now….I graduated undergrad and graduate school, make good money (more than $50K), purchased a home and have traveled the world.  I guess I did good for myself.  I’m not worried about the husband and kids, I have new goals to accomplish *shrug*  I want to finish another degree, start a consulting firm, grow my relationship with God, and enjoy life.

I spent the first thirty years of my life living for others.  It was cool, but I want to live for me!  Do the things that make me happy, bring a smile to my face.   With that being said, it’s time to see what GOD has in store for me….Boy am I excited!!!!

HAPPY BORNDAY TO ME!

1 comment: