About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Love You

A few days ago I experienced death first hand when I watched the mother of my best friend transcend to be with our heavenly father.  Sitting in her room, watching the machines document her heart rate, pump air into her lungs, and fill her veins with various medications in the hopes of saving her life was enlighting.  I actually understood what people mean when they say “tomorrow is not promised”.  Mrs. Ashton was her fun loving self just days ago.  She seemed to do whatever it was she wanted to and lived life to the fullest.  Fry chicken at 2am? Sure.  Spend time with her daughter shopping? Sure.  Asking Angel how I was doing? Sure.  Travel to Rock Hill to visit old friends and family? Sure.  She did everything she wanted to and it is my belief that she did it without regret.

I also witnessed true strength.  Angel was STRONG! If there is another word to better describe how she is handling this ordeal then use it.  She sat by her mother’s bed side everyday…talking to her…singing to her…and when she was deemed officialy dead, she painted her mom’s nails like she had done a week or so ago.  She answered every question the hosptial staff asked, made decisions about organ donations, when to take her mother off life support and comforted her family.  She kept flashing her bright smile amist all the sadness.  Hell, she even asked me if I was going to be ok and let me know WE will get through this.  She shed some tears, like any child would do, but she exhibited true strength.  I pray that I have half of her strength if I am ever faced with a similar situation.

Since Friday I have been wanting to find a way to tell my loved ones how much they mean to me.  Granted I could call and probally should, but right now I can’t bring myself to do it.  I’m on a journey to Ebonyville for a while…..a lot has gone on in the past week and I need a vacation.  I figured I will use this blog to express my feelings because these words will last longer than any phone call.

Mommy, Daddy #1,Daddy #2, Andre, Lamont, Rechard, Tuna, Fatman, Michelle, Tyler, Grandma Moore, Grand dad, Grandma Sandra, God Mommie, God Daddie, Bop-T, Whit Whit, Angelina, Aunts/Uncles (too many to list, lol), cousins (too many to name),  Angel, Nicole, Chrisna, Sarah, Ms. Marshall, PC, James, Brandy, Kendria, and my GLE sisters I want you all to know I love you guys very much.  We have been through a lot and you have each impacted my life.  Tomorrow is not promised, but I promise to love you all forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment