About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Not Guilty

Casey Anthony is a free woman.  A jury of her peers found her not guilty of serious charges.  There is nothing the public can do but GET OVER IT!  I understand the emotions of society are running high and a lot of people feel she murdered her own child.  The evidence didn’t support that theory, so the jury got it right.  All the prosecution had was circumstantial evidence and that doesn’t get the job done.  If in fact she did murder her child she has to live with that for the rest of her life. 

I’ll be honest; I don’t understand how they could not convict her of the child neglect charge.  She waited a MONTH before reporting her child missing!  A MONTH!  If my niece/nephew are gone for ten minutes I start to panic, but maybe that’s just me.  In addition to not calling the police, she lied to various people about where her daughter actually was.  That seems like neglect to me.  In no way am I judging because folks have different parenting styles, but there is NO WAY I’m letting my little child, if/when I have one, out of my sight.  During the time lil Caylee was missing, Casey was out partying and living the good life.  I don’t know how she did it, but it’s not for me to understand. 

News just broke that she will be released at some point next week.  All I can do is pray for her and her family.  I know this is a difficult time and I am sure folks are going to be coming for her.  They shouldn’t do that!  If they believe she is guilty so be it, but they can’t attempt to take her life or make her life a living hell.  I’m sure sitting in jail was enough.  We have to keep in mind she lost her child.  

No comments:

Post a Comment