About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In Critical Condition

You ever feel like you've been hit by a car? That's what I'm feeling right now. I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the last four months and about 7 weeks ago I got hit by a drunk driver. Instead of dying on impact I survived, but I have SEVERE injuries.  That means I remember everything that happened and I have wounds that will take an unmeasurable amount of time to heal.  Just when I think I'm going to get out of ICU, one of my vital organs fails me and I'm right back to square one.  I want to pull the breathing tube out and breathe again, but I can't.  I'm not strong enough yet. 
The messed up part is the drunk driver survived with no injuries, no charges and is currently living his life while I'm in ICU.  He is out having a blast while I struggle to live day to day.  Everyday I'm reminded of the scars he caused and left to figure out how to go on........God I have a long road ahead of me.  I gotta figure out a way to live even though I feel like I'm dying.  A broken heart is the HARDEST injury to heal from. If i don't make it I want my obituary to read "Ebony died of a broken heart thanks to him [insert his picture]"

No comments:

Post a Comment