About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nail Obsession

Over the past few months I have been purchasing nail polish left and right.  From stores, nail salons, online, off the corner…..everywhere.  It started because I grew tired of having bare nails.  I wanted some color to show off my style.  So I started getting manicures, but after a few nails the polish would begin to chip.  My nail tech Lucy talked me in to getting gel nails.  Now I use to wear acrylics for a long time, but they did damage to my natural nails.  Since I trusted Lucy I decided to give them a try.  I loved my gel nails.  I could wear polish and not worry about it chipping.  My nails also began to grow very long which meant I could do more with them design wise. 


While on one of the social networking sites I read about something called shatter polish and I had to try it.  I ordered three shatter colors from Amazon and was hooked.  I started ordering OPI mini sets and shatter polishes every week until I had every color.  It got to the point where I was carrying my polish bag to the nail salon.  I shattered everything…my nails and toes.  I would shatter all my nails or maybe just four depending on how I was feeling. 

After a few months Lucy informed me it was time to get another full set.  Meaning I had to soak off the gel acrylics and get more put back on.  Now I had been seeing signs around the salon advertising gel polish so I told Lucy I would try that instead.  According to reviews it would not damage my nails like acrylics and the polish would last for up to three weeks.  Lucy gave me the standard manicure and proceeded to use gel polish to finish me up.  The outcome was nice!  I loved it!! My nails were shiny, polsih won’t chip and would be able to recover from the acrylic damage……so I thought.  After a few gel polish manicures I noticed my nails were thinning and splitting L I had no choice but to remove the gel polish,  trim my nails down and wait for them to grow back strong #Losing


It’s been about six weeks and my nails are starting to look healthy again.  They are still short so I can’t do much with them design wise.  I just keep applying clear polish until they grow out.  Once they get a little length I will be back to being a full fledge nail addict and I cannot wait.  Plain nails are for the birds, expecially during the summer time!




No comments:

Post a Comment