About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Supporting the Enemy...But It Was Fun

I've been blessed to have a job which requires me to travel all around the globe.  I've had the opportunity to visit several US states, Guam, Yokosuka, Misawa and hopefully some of Europe.  These are places that I would NEVER visit on my own.

This past week I have been in Dallas, TX.  Let me start by saying I'm not about  the 110 degree day life.  I've walked outside around 10pm and the temp is still in the mid-90s!!! I'm talking about sweating and all I did was walk across the street.

When I travel I ALWAYS bring my favorite jean jacket with me.  It's my favorite because I hand painted the Washington Redskins logo on it.  Of course, I had to wear it in Dallas since they are the rival team.  When I landed, I walked in the airport team shop just because, lol.

While I was here I made it a goal to go visit the new stadium in Arlington, TX.  It looks so beautiful on TV and there was so much hoopla about it while it was being built.  After a little research I found out that the stadium allows self guided tours for only $17.50.  Not bad, guess Jerry Jones needs the extra money to pay back that loan, lol.


A group of young ladies and I hopped in the rental after class and made the 30 minute or so drive to Texas stadium.  It was super easy to find and of course there was plenty of parking.  We purchased our tickets and the self guided tour began in the Pro Shop.

After taking some pictures and purchasing a few items for family and friends we made our way up the steps to the second level.  The view from the corner was AMAZING!  I could see the entire field without my glasses.  The super jumbotron really does take up 60 yards.  After taking a few pictures of the entire field we walked down on the field.

Standing on that field was bananas!  I've been to several NFL games, but never have I been able to stand on the field.  My adrenaline was rushing something serious.  Of course I had to stand in the endzone, on the infamous "star" and the sideline.  One of the field operators, Danyelle, was very sweet and helpful even though I was wearing my Redskins' jacket.

I took several pictures in almost every area we were given access.  I clowned on the field for at least 30 mins.  I did a backbend on the star, kicked a field goal and "caught" a pass.  I honestly has such a good time.  The locker room was beautiful!  The lockers cost about 9 grand each and is made out of some wood imported from Africa.

The tour allowed us to run through the tunnel and visit the media room.  After all of that we ended right back in the Pro Shop.  I will admit that I had a ball and there was no game being played.  I can only imagine what the game day experience is like......I plan to find out!

I've made a vow to visit the local stadium/arena whenever I am on travel.  It was so much fun and I'm sure other venues will be the same.  Some people like to visit museums....I like to visit sports venues. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment