About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Adult ADD

Sometimes you know what you want and other times you don't.  A friend of mine stated he doesn't believe I fully know what I want.  I will say that I  agree with him in some aspects.  I have ideas about what I want both professionally and personally, but there are times when my focus changes.

For the past 8 years I have served as a Program Manager of the Civil Rights Program for my agency.  I do everything from process complaints of discrimination to training to reporting to Special Emphasis Programs.  At times I am challenged and I love it.  I love empowering employees when I train.  I also love the investigative side of things.  There are times when I feel unfulfilled and I look to change career fields.

I currently hold two degrees, a BA in Human Relations (profit and non-profit) and an MPA.  I also completed a Graduate Certificate in Intelligence Analysis.  As I have mentioned in a previous blog, I am also studying to become a Certified Personal Trainer/Group Exercise Instructor.  Most recently I thought about pursuing a law degree.  What can I say, I love school.

From a professional standpoint I have applied for jobs in other career groups.  It seems as if my list of degrees shows I have some sort of ADD.  My skills are all over the place.  I guess you can say I am a jack of all trades and a master of none....although I consider myself a subject matter expert as it relates to civil rights, lol.

Personally, I'm talking relationship-wise, I want REAL love.  I want the fairy tale...I'm a helpless romantic.  I want  the husband and a child.  I want to give this ocean  of love I have inside of me to one person.  There is SO much inside of me that it is hard to contain.

Now the qualities that he, my husband, possesses changes...often.  Since D-Day, I have been going back and forth about what I will and will not accept the next  time I enter into a SERIOUS relationship with someone.  Maybe I keep changing my standards because I'm learning that things are very different from the last time I was single.  I'm also learning that no one is perfect, myself included, and there may be no "perfect man."

Whatever the situation, my friend has me thinking.  When I was in counseling a while back I was given an exercise to write down my wants, needs and dislikes.  Perhaps I need to visit that exercise again in hopes it will give me some direction.....professionally and presonally.

No comments:

Post a Comment