About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Hola!!!!!


I must say if you every have the chance to experience other cultures, do it!  Over the past week I have been blessed with the opportunity to visit Spain and I am now on my way to Italy.  I must say getting to Spain was a bit of a challenge because my flight from BWI to Philly was cancelled.  Thankfully, US Airways will drive all international passengers as far as Newark, NJ so he/she can make their international connecting flight. 
The seven hour flight from Philly to Madrid wasn’t bad, even thought I was sitting in coach.  The food was good and I had enough room to be comfortable.  The plane had various movies for me to watch, which is a lot different from the last time I went overseas.  I used the seven hours to sleep, watch Hunger Games and Unstoppable.  

I’ve noticed that when you are leaving outside the continential US, the flight attendants are from wahtever country you are going too.  Having both Spainish and English flight attendants made the boarding process easy. They were able to work together to resolve any seating issues.  

Spain is some six hours ahead of the east coast, so when I landed I was TIRED!  The command I was visiting provided me an awesome sponsor who drove me all around the surrounding areas to ensure I didn’t go to sleep.  Lawd knows I was done. 

Rota, Spain was nothing like I every seen.  This time of year the tempature is sunny, yet cool.  There is a lot of open area, almost country-like.  According to my sponsor, the Spanish built their cities very small and close while they were fighting in various wars.  They used it as some sort of defense tatic. 

The Spanish way of life is very laid back.  They start work between 8-10am, unless they work for the US military.  Around 2-3pm, everything shuts down and the Spanish siesta.  Most go have lunch with their familes, nap and hit the beach.  Around 5-6pm, they wake-up and get ready for the night.

The nightlife is CRAZY!  Dinner is not until 9-10pm and is very small.   The dinners also include coffee, which is 10 times as strong asa what is served in the US.  They choose to eat tapas style versus a big meal.  In the restrurants, they stay for hours and talk without anyone saying anything.  Some of the bars don’t open until 1am and close around 4am.  The Spanish party six days a week!!! 

I also learned Spain is so close to so many other countries like Portugal, Africa, Italy and a British Terrority.  Needless to say, I will be researching a group trip back out there with the hopes of hitting Northern Spain, Africa and the British Terrority. 

The next stop on my mini European tour is Italy.  I hope it’s at least half as fun as Rota was.  Until then…..Adios!!! 

1 comment: