About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Potted Plants......................

I received a gift yesterday....A very nice gift. 

The gentleman I have been seeing for a while brought me a potted plant.  Now I'm not sure if he knows that I don't have much of a green thumb, but the mere fact that he purchased such a cute "just because" gift means a lot. 

I find symbolism in all types of things; sometimes to my own determent because I tend to over-analyze.  I saw the potted plant as his way of reminding me of the growth we have shared, both individually and together, over the past few months.  We have both grown to accept each other's quirks and work together to see what could happen.

Potted plants last longer than a bouquet of roses.  Flowers die in a matter of days if not taken care properly, however, the potted plant is a little harder to "kill".

Potted plants require more attention than regular flowers.  You have to select the correct pot, place it in the right temperature, give it enough sunlight and water.  You can place a bouquet in any type of vase.  

One potted plant can turn into several potted plants as it grows...almost like a little family.   

It's funny because he called me when he was in the store, but never mentioned picking me up anything or asking if I needed anything.  For whatever reason I get so tickled when I am asked if I need something or if someone pick me up something while out.  It shows me that they care about my needs and/or I was on their mind. 

Our budding relationship is like this beautiful plant.  It's a lot of work, but I have the feeling it will be worth it in the end when the beautiful flowers bloom.....Or at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment