About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The New LeBron.........Superman No More

"In this fall, this is very tough, in this fall I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat." - LeBron James, 8 Jul 10






In the summer for 2010, almost the entire world, especially basketball fans, were on the edge of their seats as they awaited for LeBron "the King" James to announce what team he would be playing for in the 2010-2011 season.  There were rumors about his decision well before the regular season ended.  The media tracked his EVERY move.  It was a mess!


Towards mid-summer ESPN and LeBron James decided to host "The Decision" in which he would tell the world what they wanted to know.  In the days leading up to the hour long program sports writers, fans, current/former athletes blasted the show.  They called him selfish, pompous, arrogant, attention/media whore and other names.......myself included.  **Side Note: Honestly, I'm not a fan but that's neither here nor there**


I remember thinking to myself, "My Dwight (Howard) would NEVER do anything like that.  He is committed to wining a title with Orlando" as I was watching all of the attention surrounding where this ONE player was going to land.  At that point in time I was a Dwight Howard fan.  I would defend him to the finish.  Talk about his poor free throw shooting and I was pointing out a flaw in [insert player name]'s game.  


I LOVED Dwight!  More so for his personality than his play on the court.  In my eyes he wasn't a cry baby like Kobe.  Arrogant like LeBron.  Angry like Kevin G.  He loved the game with child like passion and it showed in his demeanor on the court.  He was always smiling, laughing and joking while helping his team get into the playoffs.  I could watch his interview for hours because of his personality....and his chocolate muscles :-)


Never did I imagine he would turn into LeBron James.  Like LeBron, Howard has thrown SEVERAL temper tantrums and has strung his team along since March of last year.  Hell, he even got a coach fired like LeBron!  His actions have caused me to no longer be a fan.


In an interview after the Magic lost to the Cavs, Dwight said something to the effect of he hopes to be like James one day.  I thought he was talking about on the court, not off.  Dwight is acting like a child whose parents won't buy him [insert popular toy here].  He is acting a damn fool in the middle of the store.  In my eyes he went from being Super Man to not being a man at all.


Congratulations, you are now the new LeBron James!  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment