About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Poet.....................

While cleaning out a laptop bag for a friend to use on an upcoming business trip I found a crumpled up piece of paper.  Instead of throwing it away, I opened it to find a poem I wrote over 7 years ago.  I think I have wrote maybe two other pieces since that time.  One for my ex fiance and I can't remember the other. 

It's funny because I remember writing it and what I was going through just by looking it the title.  Someone was asking me why I continued to be nice and positive despite the cards I've been dealt in life. 

Like Jesus

What if Jesus gave up and let His heart turn hard?
Turned His back on the world and was never scarred. 
Never played the cards He was given, 
So the sins of the world could be forgiven.

What if when on Calvary He got down off the cross?
Mumbled to Himself, "Forget the world, let them stay loss!"
Took the nails out His hands and ankles.  Tossed the thorns off His head-
Never dying so He could become what the church calls the "bread".

What if He never preached the Word?
Never letting God's truth be heard. 
Leaving us on earth to fend for ourselves,
While looking down from heaven while we sit on the Devil's shelf.

What if He left me to go through life's storms alone?
Never listening to my prayers and groans.
Turning a deaf ear as I cry out in pain;
Leaving me alone soaking in rain. 

But He didn't!

I do what I do because I prayed to be more like Him!
In the book of Matthew, chapter 5 it says don't let your light shine dim. 
If they persecuted Jesus then they will surely persecute me. 
He though He gave up His life so we all could be free. 

I do what I do because I'm made in His image.
I'm here to play in the game, not just the scrimmage. 
True, at times I set myself up to fail. 
But I know when He comes for His bride, the church I will be wearing a veil.

I do what I do because I am pure at heart.
I've been that way since the very start!
I will complete my purpose given to me by the Son;
So on judgement day He will say to me "Well done!" ©

*snaps finger*

At the bottom was a note to my former Pastor asking could the work be published in the monthly paper.....it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment