About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Homework: Personal SWOT Analysis

About a month or so ago an acquaintance asked me to assist him in completing his homework assignment for a business class.  The professor wanted him to conduct an SWOT Analysis on a Fortune 500 company and decide whether or not he would invest in the company based on the information. 

Now while I do have my MPA, I had no clue as to what a SWOT Analysis was.  I figured it was similar to the "new math" that my 11 year old nephew is learning in 7th grade.  It was COMPLETELY foreign to me.

Anyway, I went to my trusty friend, Google, to find out exactly what is was and how to conduct such a thing.  In short, a SWOT Analysis is " a useful technique for understanding your Strengths and Weaknesses, and for identifying both the Opportunities open to you and the Threats you face." 

Pretty simple.......done!

As I was on my 18 hour flight home from Europe, I had the grand of idea of conducting a personal SWOT Analysis.  I figured I had nothing but time and no where to go, lol.

So here is it............

Strengths:
- God Fearing: I am a Christian and I stand on my belief in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I feel as though I do my part in ministry and attempt to spread the "Good News".

- Good heart: I'm uber compassionate to my fellow man and I hate conflict.  I truly believe that stems from my faith.

- Healthy:  I like to workout and eat healthy foods.  I am not into doing things that will decrease my life span. I have enough other medical issues (asthma, syncope, etc) to already do that, lol.

- Fun: I LOVE to have a good time.  I am willing to do anything at least once as long as it won't land me in jail or the hospital.  Most times I like to goof around, but I know when to be serious.

- Out Going Personality: I can make friends with almost anyone and have a way of making others feel welcomed.

Weaknesses:
- Lack of Risk Taking: I've never been to jail and I don't plan on going, lol.

- Low Patience: I have been known to have the "I want and I want it now" mentality when it comes to some things. 

- ADD:  I can get bored VERY quickly....

- Body Image: Like most women who have lost a considerable amount of weight, sometimes I still see the "old me" in the mirror and get down about my size/weight.

Opportunities:

- Getting Closer to God: As I strengthen my walk with God there is the opportunity for me to become the woman He created me to be.

- Open Minded: While I don't take many risks, I am open minded about a lot of things and I never force my beliefs on anyone about anything.

- Communication: I love to communicate in any and every form possible.  By doing so, I am opening myself up to meeting new people and creating new experiences.

Threats:

- My past:  It still comes back to haunt me :-(

- Optimistic Pessimist: I truly believe there is good in everyone/situation.  At the same time I am waiting for the "other shoe to drop".

- Out Going Personality: I am a people's person and I've learned that it can cause issues(s) in relationships.

So that's me.....would you invest?  Try doing one on your own and see what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment