About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Smiles and Tears

Life can be funny at times.....It's amazing how just one thought can turn your day around.

That happened to me.  A co-worker and I were eating lunch and I asked him if he wanted to see my "Nee".  My co-worker, being who he is, responded with something about sexual harassment and I explained to him AGAIN who my Nee was. 

As I typed in the web address for my slain God brother's memorial site, I felt a wave of grief wash over me. I only visit the site twice a year...on his bornday and on the day he was murdered. I like to leave a message in the guestbook because in my mind, he reads the entries. 

As I showed him the pictures and described how his life was ended WAY too soon at age 28, I felt Nee sitting with me.  He was smiling at all the memories held in those photos.

Then it happened....my smile was traded for tears. 

I went to leave my annual message in the guestbook, but the site hosting it has been shut down.  All of the messages his family/friends left are now gone...just like he is :-(

Since I can't leave a message on his site, I will leave one on mine.....

Happy Bornday Nee!!! You are getting so old!  I pray you are celebrating in heaven because I plan to celebrate your life here on earth. :-) This doesn't get easier with time, but I know you are in the best place ever.  I miss you so much!! Oh, remember the purple Rocawear shirt you gave me for Christmas?? Well I FINALLY have some J's to match it.  That will be my shirt/shoes this weekend when I step out the house.  Love you so much!!! 

- Ebbie

No comments:

Post a Comment