About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Sometimes You Have to Lose to Win Again......

A few weeks ago Fantasia released the video to her song entitled "Lose to Win".  As most of my generation knows, 'Tasia has been through a lot.  

She dropped out of HS, endured scrutiny for not knowing how to read, became a teenage mother, was sued by her father, went bankrupt, had an affair w/ a married man, attempted suicide and bore a child w/ a married man.  

The lyrics to this song REALLY sit with me; especially the course.

Have you ever needed someone so bad?
But he ain’t willing to make it last
Sometimes you gotta lose to win again.
If it makes you cry, cry, cry
And all you do is fight
Can’t get no sleep at night?
Sometimes you gotta lose to win again.

I've been there......

It's been well documented on this blog that I have been in the middle of a bad break up with someone whom I loved deeply.  

I needed him, he wasn't there.  

He needed me and I was no where to be found.  

I cried.

He mentally and emotionally move further away from me.  

We fought for almost 2 years as we went round for round on how we were going to settle our joint affairs.  

I've experienced months of sleepless nights.  

Well today, finally, we both received some closure.  

He was there and so was I.  

There were no tears.  

No verbal punches thrown. 

I plan to sleep well tonight.

We met to sign paperwork to legally dissolve our relationship.

After signing the Quit Claim Deed and the Settlement Agreement I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.  I turned over my legal right to the house we previously shared and in some part my GREAT credit score.  

It's not over yet, but the hardest part is complete. 

When we broke up I lost A LOT....I lost my will to live....I lost my self-esteem and confidence.....I lost my love for others....I lost my love for God.

But today.....TODAY, I got ME back.  I won! 

Sometimes you have to lose to win again. 




2 comments:

  1. I'm so effing proud of you! You have come sooo far after going through soooo much. To be able to stand through all of this, to handle these most recent steps the way you have, it means you've grown. You should be proud of that. You should be so proud. Your full happiness isn't far behind. This is just the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much!!!! It's been a long road, but I am finally on my way. Thank you so much for your words of wisdom, posts, and support. Without friends like you, this road would've been even harder. I can wait until I reach my full happiness :-)

      Delete