About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

In and Out

This weekend has been interesting to say the least.  Besides the funky mood I've been in and the weather to boot, I somehow managed to stay in, but also get out.

On Friday, my girl and I hit up an acquaintance's bornday party at a local lounge in Fort Washington.  We both had "zero fu*ks" to give and you could tell.  There wasn't the normal primping before heading out for a night on the town.  We opted for comfy shirts, jeans and boots.

I should've known the night would be full of laughs from the moment we stepped through the door.  There was no ID check....no change to be given after paying the cover charge......and the young lady collecting the money was dressed like a pink Care Bear.  Instant laughter!

Once fully inside there was so many "wow" moments...too many to write about.  Let's start with the fact that the MC was shouting out the class of 1969!!!! There were the women who were setting out there goodies like they were the dessert bar at the local Golden Corral.  There was a recently divorced older man who told my girl, "I just divorced last week to the woman I was married too for 30 years.  We had four kids and they are all over 20....that means I don't have to pay any child support."  So that's the new pick-up line.  Oh, ok.

Needless to say, laughs for everyone!

On Saturday I had big plans to workout, run errands, clean and attend a concert at the Kennedy Center.   The only thing I managed to do was go to that concert.  For whatever reason I just could not will myself out of the bed.  No workout....no errands....no cleaning.

Now once I forced myself out of bed and made it to downtown DC, my mood changed a little.  My girl and I hit up Valpiano's in Chinatown, which was new for me.  I enjoyed my dish and plan to visit there soon.

Fast forward to the Kennedy Center.....it was BEAUTIFUL!  I had never been there before, so I had to take a few seconds to take it all in.  It did my heart  joy to see people of all backgrounds dressed to the 9s to see Nas perform with the NSO.

The concert was GREAT!  Nas was......was wonderful.  He performed all of the tracks off of Illmatic and a few of his hits......to an orchestra!  The musicality was incredible!  I don't know if I spent more time watching Nas, the conductor or the musicians.  The conductor was grooving to the music and it was exciting to see.  Also exciting was the reaction of men when Nas performed most of his tracks.  At one point I thought the guy in front of us was going to throw his boxers on stage, lol.  Truly amazing how far hip hop has come.

Today, I haven't left the house.  No church...no gym...no errands.  I did manage to do a little cleaning and cooking.  That's a step up...I guess.

I'm not sure what my problem is, but I have to figure it out.  I don't like this getting out, but staying in thing. When I was out, my mood improved....perhaps I need to just stay out, lol.        

1 comment:

  1. Nas at the Kennedy Center that's impressive in itself - I'm going to see DMX in DC on Friday - and its so NOT at the Kennedy Center, lmao...

    ReplyDelete