About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tina's Pain

I love Mary Mary!  I love their music, style and most importantly, class.  I have been an advocate of their reality series when it started almost three years ago.

So I just finished watching last night’s episode of Mary Mary entitled Cover Girls.  In short, this episode shows what Tina is going through a few days before the release of an Ebony magazine article where she details that her husband has an affair.  What makes this episode so real is that after giving the article, Tina finds out that there were multiple affairs. 

What REALLY got to me was the hurt that she showed.  How vulnerable she was.  The disappointment she shared.  The shame and embarrassment she felt.

When watching, I saw myself.  I could identify with how she felt, as a few years ago I saw my own relationship hit rock bottom……..mostly because of me and my immaturity.

My heart and prayers go out to her because that level of pain is so difficult to deal with.  To feel like what you worked for was a fraud is a feeling like no other.

When I think about my past, I’m able to fully understand where as if I had not been through a similar experience I would not be able to connect.

I thank Mary Mary for sharing their truth….and in this moment I thank God that He allowed me to overcome.

Check out the episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlKMKBxqyRo

No comments:

Post a Comment