About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Battlefield

Dark days
Ebony nights
Blackouts and pain

My soul is aching, mind racing
I see pieces of my spirit slain before my eyes
Each defeat chipping away at what’s left of my sanity
The devil’s taunts are louder than the angels’ singing

My breastplate is bruised.
My belt is unbuckled.
My helmet is barely on.
My shoes are undone.
My sword…..yea, what sword?

I’m in the heat of a battle I keep trying to fight alone.
Darts of pass transgressions stain my new white garment.
No matter how I try to hide or duck/dodge, I can’t seem to win this war.
I’m standing as an army of one in the midst a million adversaries.

In my attempt to run I fall to my knees.
2 Chron 20:17a, “You do not have to fight in THIS battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you.”

On my knees I stand
Still
Unmovable
While my Father conquers my battles

No comments:

Post a Comment