About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Bornday to Me!


Today I am 31 years old!  It was my goal to write a letter to my younger self, but it didn't pan out the way I would like.  I've been so busy this week with work, training, cleaning, dancing and other things that I just didn't find the time to do it.  *shrugs* Perhaps I will give it a go when my life slows down a little.  I don't want to rush it, as it will be very personal. 

I've learned a lot since my 30th birthday.  In the last 365 days I’ve witnessed tremendous strength, wisdom and growth.  The past year has been filled with growing pains, but thanks to God’s grace I made it.  I didn’t drown in the storms even when I wanted too.  Heck, there were times when I jumped in the ocean with no life jacket, but I’m still standing!!!  This birthday is a testimony.  I've lost some things, but I also gained some things.  My outlook has changed and I am growing.  There is no greater gift than growth and positive change.  God knows what He is doing. 

I’m looking forward to what 31 has to offer, as long as it’s better than what 30 gave me, lol.  Today alone has been wonderful.  The outpouring of love from family, friends, social media buddies and co-workers has made my day in ways they will never know.  As for my goals this year I have plans to take some trips, become certified in fitness and purchase a second home before my 32nd birthday.  I’m really sitting here shaking my head with tears in my eyes because God is so good!  I’m SO excited for my future. 

Happy bornday to me! *dances around*

Oh yea, I'll lose these last 10 pounds this year...Lol.  #Team150PoundsOrLess

*****Update***** My birthday was incredible! Despite not having all of the events that normally accompany my day like past celebrations, I enjoyed EVERY piece of it. From a late breakfast to being in bed by 11:30. I was able to volunteer at Shepperd's Cove and hopefully impact the life of someone. I'm really growing up :-)

2 comments:

  1. Aww... Glad to hear u have a positive outlook on things & that you're excited about the future! Best of luck to you in achieving ALL of the goals you've set for yourself :-D

    PS- I've also volunteered at Shepperd's Cove before & yes, you most certainly impacted someone's life with the time you spent there - let me know when u go back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm going to hit the ground running this year! I can't focus on what I had, gotta focus on the future. Thank you for your encouragement.

      I really hope I did. I will let you know the next time I go back out there. You need to let me know of any volunteer opportunities.

      Delete