About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's About to Get Real........Estate Included

In 2009 I purchased a townhome with my then fiancé in "new" Bowie.  It was a lovely end unit with three bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and unfinished basement.  This was suppose to be our starter home.  We planned to stay there for 4-6 years and then move into something bigger. 

During the first year we finished the basement, updated the half bathroom and started turning it into a home.  It was filled with love, laughter, good times and our "baby girl" Storm.  It was a home.  Although we hadn't set a wedding date, we were still scheduled to get hitched.  But things changed.

At a rapid pace, we stopped communicating, stopped loving, stop respecting.  The dwelling became a house.  In the end I left the beautiful townhouse in "new" Bowie (for good).  I left my dog, friends and the one man that was supposed to be my husband.  It was ugly, but for health reasons I couldn't stay and fight for what was legally mine.

I moved out to Columbia to stay with my parents at 30 years old.  I was and still am partly embarrassed of this fact.  I told my mom I would stay for one year and then attempt to purchase a house on my own, even though my name is on another mortgage.  My goal was to save as much as my shopaholic heart would allow in an effort to have a down payment for a conventional loan.

We are approaching June and I must say I'm blessed because I'm half way to my savings goal.  I told myself I wanted to save between $18-21k.  Every payday I transfer money into a savings account that I try not to touch.  I pay my tithes and other bills, living off of whatever is left.  It's difficult at times, but God sustains me. I honestly believe it is because I tithe faithfully.

In a week or so I am scheduled to meet with my ex to discuss what to do with our current house.  He lives there, pays the bill and from what I know has been entertaining another female there.  It's time for my name to come off of that house so I can close that chapter and move on.  Things are about to get real because over the past year, every time we tried to discuss a buy-out we could never agree. 

I'm not sure what to expect at this meeting or if he will show up...and with who!  If he is bold enough to sleep with women in a house I still have a key too, then I have no doubt he is bold enough to bring her to this meeting.  I know it's going to be emotional and I'm not too sure I'm ready to deal with it.  He knows how to get under my skin and has no problem doing so.

It is my hope that I come out alive and free.  I pray the meeting goes well; there is no leftover hurt or love lost between the two of us.  In a perfect world I wouldn't be dealing with this, but I am.  My best hope is I get back what I put into the home and we agreed to end our relationship, if it can be called that, on good terms.  I believe after six years together we each deserve that.  

From there, I'll continue to save and when winter time comes I'll start looking for "Casa de Rose."  A place to call my own where I can start to rebuild my life.  I thought the after effects of the breakup were hard, but as the time nears for me to fly one my own I'm realizing things are about to get REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment