About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Unscheduled Interruption

I'm convinced God knows what you need when you need it.  On a normal Friday evening I am rehearsing with GLE from 6:30-until.  Due to some severe weather that included faux tornadoes, bouts of hail and some serious rain, practice was postponed for a few hours.  Since I was already in the general vicinity of the studio, I decided I would stop pass Pook's, one of my closest friends, house for a while.   What was suppose to be a quick visit turned into four hours of talking, laughing, teasing and eating. 

Silly Geese
One of the first things I did was play with his iPad. Pook is an Apple junkie! I'm talking phone, TV, iPad, Mac Book, etc.  He really helps to keep Apple in business, lol.  We discussed the possibility of me purchasing an one, but being the tech junkie he is he suggested me getting a different tablet.  I'm not sure which one I will end up buying, but I will check with Mr. Gadget before I purchase.

We waited until the storm circled back to go grab some dinner from one of our favorite spots, Carolina Kitchen.  Like true black folks we braved the storm in the name of soul food.  Pook was really hungry because he got excited about eating.  It was the first time in our friendship I've ever seen him excited, lol.  Normally he plays around with his food.

Texas Pete...The Good Stuff
After dinner I realized there was going to be no rehearsal,  even though no official text was received. To keep Pook from falling asleep, we turned the conversation to my failed engagement and the subsequent issues.  I never provided him all of the details so I figured why not.  As always Pook joked about the entire situation and gave me his perspective,  which was spot on and good.  During the course of the convo I was reduced to throwing hot sauce packets at him for being so dang silly.

After such a serious discussion we decided to lighten things up a bit by watching the NBA playoffs.  Neither one one of us are fans of the teams playing, but we found humor in making fun of the players.
At some point I looked at the clock and realized time had escaped me and I needed to head home.  We chatted a bit more, said our quick goodbyes and I was on my way up the road.  Another great time with the closest was in the books.  Next up is Fogo de Chaõ, another 5k, football and who knows what else :-)  Maybe kidnapping my Storm (dog).  We are the real life Bonnie and Clyde, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment