About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dating Games

Dating as an adult can be VERY tricky.  In my younger years I saw no real issues with dating a young man for months/years on end without talking about the future.  In my eyes I had plenty of time and a life to live before discussing marriage/kids.  At that point I was still "finding myself" and figuring out what I wanted in a relationship/significant other.

At this stage in my life I believe it is important to determine if the relationship has the potential to be a life-long bond after about 6-months of dating.  I'm not getting any younger and 9 times out of 10 neither is the guy.  Now I'm not saying after 6 months we need to start planning weddings, etc.  But after 6 months you KNOW if you want that person to continue to be in your spaces and if it's worth building a future with them.

That brings me to a conversation I had last night with a man I've been dating for about 7 months.  I'm not a fan of wasting my time and I am a fairly upfront person so I asked him a random question, in no uncertain terms about the future.  His responses shocked me a little because from the beginning I told him I am not dating just to date. 

Now I am at a place where I have to decide to cut all ties and move on or stay and see what the end may be.  Honestly, I'm not sure what I want to do.  I care for him very much, but there are aspects of our relationship that is not working.  Tonight's discussion should be intersting. 

I'm not one to play games, so I may just fold my hand and leave the table.

When should you start thinking about and/or discuss the future when dating?

No comments:

Post a Comment