About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tasting Georgetown

Old Glory Pulled BBQ 
Over the past year or so I have turned into a slight foodie.  I've been expanding my pallet at various restaurants; attempting to be more cultured, lol.  There is an annual event in Georgetown in which 30 or so restaurants allow participants to taste some of there offerings.  Proceeds from the festival help raise awarenesses and additional money to fund the homeless assistance programs of the Georgetown Ministry Center.

For a few blocks on M and Wisconsin, you can dine at the finest spots for $5 per taste.  Local eateries included food from J. Paul, Cylde's, Old Glory, Shut your Pie Hole, Degrees Bistro, Baked & Wired, Filomena Ristorante and others.  They served everything from pulled pork sliders to paella to pumpkin pie to crab sliders to roasted meatballs on baked cheese ravioli to beef sliders to cupcakes to brownies.
My Date for the Day :-)
There were so many people and some of the lines were outrageous! I really wanted to try Thunder Burger, but there was a 15 min wait.  The best item I tasted was the crab salad in a green gazpacho from Clyde's.  The crab meat was so fresh.  I also enjoyed the surf and turf sliders from J. Paul's.  I was not a fan of the cheese ravioli, although the meatball was good.  I also tried a strawberry cupcake from Baked & Wired.  It was ok, but no Wegman's, lol.  There were a boat load of folks in line for paella and I happened to sneak in a plate thanks to the date, but it wasn't great at all.  I have no idea what the hype was.  Yes, I was and am still disappointed; $5 bucks was wasted!

I ate good for $25! The atmosphere was great and my company was excellent :-)  I will attend this event from now on.  Honestly, where else can you get seafood, pasta, burgers and dessert for $25? 



No comments:

Post a Comment