About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Roll Tide!!!!

My Big Brother Ant
My oldest brother turned 40 on Friday, 15 Jun 12.  Not only did he reach the big 4-0, he also started his own insurance company through Farmers.  To celebrate, his wife wanted to throw him a big bash with me in attendance.

My brother and his family have lived in Alabama for seven years and I have never been to visit.  Not when my niece was born four and a half years ago or when I was two hours up the road in Atlanta.  I've just never felt the need to travel to hot, humid Alabama.   It's too slow and there would be nothing for me to do there.

My brother has complained for the last few years that everybody has been to visit except me.  Heck, my nephew has been there three times.   When he comes back home he rarely spends time with me nor does he travel up here just to see me.  My thought was "why should I waste money/leave to be bored."

My sister-in-law convinced me to fly down for this big event.  So I booked my ticket and made my way there.  My brother had NO clue I was coming to party with him.  He knew my mom and his in-laws were coming, but not me.  On the way to the house we devised a plan to get him to walk out to the car. The trap was set.

The look on my big brother's face when he saw me standing outside was PRICELESS!  Once he realized it was indeed his baby sister standing by his car he leaped in the air like the had just won the National Championship and screamed.  I just knew his neighbors were going to come outside, lol.  He was happy!  And so was I.

The next part of the surprise was to walk into my house to see my niece/God-daughter.  I walked in the house and called her name.  Like a normal 4 year old she was preoccupied and told me she was in the living room.  When I walked in the room her mouth dropped wide open and she stared at me for what seemed like 5 mins before she jumped into my arms yelling "Tee tee Bobo!"  It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

I spent the next four days with my brother and his in-laws.  We laughed, argued and partied.  There were times when I thought I was going to lose my mind with 13 people in a house, but I managed to get through it for my brother.

I'm glad I made the decision to visit my brother after 7 years.  To see how much my trip meant to him meant the world too me.  There is nothing like having a big brother :-)

2 comments: