About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Big Heart

Since I was a young person I've always been told I had the gift of "helps" because I love helping others....especially those facing hard times.

For the pass two years I've put together some sort of charity event. Whether it was was coat drive or collecting canned foods, I enjoyed every aspect of the event from start to finish.

This year I have a few ideas and I'm realizing I need to get the planning process started. I'm afraid it may be too late for one of them.

Here are my ideas......
1. School supply drive....I think I messed up by nothing thinking to do this back in early/mid July. I don't have enough time to plan, market and execute tge event I have in my head.  I did ask the fans of Blessed Body Fitness to donate in their local areas and I volunteered to sponsor four school bags. That will have to wirk until next year.

2. HashtagLunchBag is an awesome non-profit that hands out brown paper bag lunches to local homeless men, women and children. This, I REALLY want to do. I figure if I start planning now I can collaborate with GLE and maybe the Fab Body Factory. Between the three of us there should be good turnout, which means helping more people :-)

3. A sock and/or blankey drive.  I don't even know how I want to execute this. Any ideas?
Remember that we were put on this earth to serve others. Find an organization or another way to give back.....it will make your heart smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment