About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sleep

My mother loves to tell stories.

There is not a week that goes by where she doesn't remember something I did as a child.  Her eyes shine as she replays my foolishness in her head.  

One of the stories that she often tells me as I crawl in her bed is when she stopped letting me sleep in her room. 

I had to be about 7 or 8 and she had had enough.  I slept wild and would often kick her out of the bed.  She kept warning me that she was going to lock me out, but I didn't believe her.

Well one day it happened, she locked me out.  According to her I cried and eventually took residence in front of her bedroom door.  I did this for weeks.  

I just hated sleeping alone.....

One of the things I love about being in a relationship is being held while we sleep.  

When I'm asleep, I tend to let my guard down.....take off my Superwoman cape and be a woman.  I'm able to express my deepest fears without saying a word.

I feel protected.....wanted........needed........loved........free

I miss that feeling.




No comments:

Post a Comment