About Me

My photo
Just a young lady trying to leave a memorable championship game in the lives of those I encounter. I work and play hard, giving everything I got.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

True Beauty


The Bible tells me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

I was made in the glorious image of God.

God doesn’t make mistakes and I look the way He created me to be…..He loves my look.

I’ll be honest; there are days when I don’t feel beautiful at all.  I avoid the mirror and people because I don’t feel pretty. 

At times when I’m around my friends I feel like the ugly duckling because they are all so beautiful.  I seriously hang around some gorgeous women.

Angel has big, pretty hazel eyes that command attention.  Chrisna has the best smile and teeth that brightens up a room.  Kim has beautiful skin….it glows.  Lo has a collar-bone and dimples to die for.  Jennifer has the perfect face. 

What do I have???  A nice butt???  Thick thighs??  I can list each and every flaw.  Point out a negative for every positive.

A part of me wants to blame my father for not instilling in me how beautiful I was……but that would be too easy. 

It’s called SELF-esteem, not DAD-esteem.  I’m sure having my dad tell me I was beautiful would’ve helped, but I doubt that would change the way EYE see myself.  What others see don’t mean much if EYE don’t see it.
What’s the old adage, seeing is believing.  Well I’m working on it.

On the days when I feel less than pretty I try to look in the mirror and find something nice about myself.  I also remind myself of the above mentioned scripture. 

I’m trying to behold my own beauty instead of focusing on the beauty of others.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yep. you are a rare jewel sis. :-) That is a good thing...

    ReplyDelete